here is "old red", my oldest and dearest 'friend'. Toys have changed just a bit since 1972 eh?
Twitter Updates...
Thursday, January 10, 2008
My Oldest and Dearest 'friend'
I spent most of my life moving all around the country. In and out of many different schools, through some pretty hard times. I always had the love of my family and my oldest and dearest friend. I am talking about my very first stuffed animal from when I was just a baby. I have held on to this little toy for going on 36 years now and he has seen better days! I came home from school one time when I was in about 7th grade or so and saw some bags of "trash" in our (my twin sister and I shared a room) bedroom where Mom had been cleaning and clearing out. I was laying on my bed doing homework when I looked over and saw "old red" through the white trash bag. WHAT?! I immediately questioned my mom about this. She was caught off guard because she said she just figured I had outgrown him or whatever. I still wanted him, he was the only thing that I had always had, and the world can be pretty dramatic when you're a girl in 7th grade! So, I went back into the room, shut the door, and I got red out of that bag. I hid him, and told my mom way later, like weeks, that I had taken him back. She laughed and said she was sorry, she didn't realize how attached to him I still was. She didnt' care that I took him back and to this day we still laugh and talk about that day.

Labels:
Mom's Stuff


No comments:
Post a Comment