Thanksgiving was fun in Flagstaff with my family. We missed seeing Brent's family though so we are looking forward to seeing them for Christmas. We didn't get to see any snow while we were up there but did get some pretty cold temps, made it feel more like Thanksgiving is supposed to feel like.
Thought I'd share some updates:
Brent:
Brent is still working with Diamondback, trying to keep busy and hoping that some big jobs will come up soon. The company has put in a bid to work on our new charter school so we are hopeful that they will get at least some of the work. We are not sure if Brent's side will get any but my step dad might get some of the drywall work...we are hopeful for them anyway.
Laren:
Laren is staying busy with her clarinet and dance classes and of course school! It is pretty intense at the new school, much different than the last school she went to that's for sure! She has adjusted well to the longer day and has made lots of new friends. She LOVES the no homework policy that they have and enjoys having her evenings to not stress about schoolwork. She comes with me on Friday's and hangs with me and the little kids and loves it. She does story time with them and helps with projects. She just might grow up to be a teacher! The kids all really love her and enjoy her time with us.
Loni:
YAY! The time is finally almost here for my schedule to change. Since the beginning of school I have been doing the before school care and friday care along with assisting in the Kinder-Off Day and Preschool care. Which has meant that Laren and I both have had to get up at 4-4:30 a.m. to be at school by 6. She is at school from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m.! Long day!! And Fridays from 6 a.m. until 12 p.m. So, as of January 4, 2010 when we go back from our winter break, My hours and schedule will change. I will start going in at 7 a.m. and work until 4 p.m....Monday - Thursday....currently I am working 6 a.m. - 12 p.m. Mon-Fri. So, she and I will get to enjoy 3 day weekends every week like the other kids. So that is very exciting for us both.
I plan to also look into school after the first of the year to pursue becoming a Preschool Teacher. Not sure yet what all I need to do, but working on that and hopefully we can swing it. I can apparently get my AA in a year so that's a good starting place then I will probably keep going forward with it to at least get my BA and possibly more...just depends.
Family:
As a family we are trying to stay positive during these "hard times" and remember what the true meaning of Christmas is. It is very hard to know that you will probably not be able to provide much of a Christmas for your child....not what they expect anyway. We are very lucky to have a well-rounded down to earth child be even she has grand Christmas wishes...
So, we plug away each day one at a time and hope that "something will come along" to improve our chances but at the same time are trying to prepare her for a very modest holiday. It's tough but we will make it through one way or another.
I have put some feelers out for providing child care over our break and am trying to get some more cleaning jobs but so far no dice. Brent is always on the lookout for side work...but I don't think anything is coming up anytime soon.
BUT....as I said, our chins are up and we are doing what we can. We have food on the table, a warm cozy home, jobs.....a lot more than so many folks at this point in time. So, things will turn out ok I'm sure of it. =o)
In an effort to save a little money we are not sending out Christmas cards this year and I will be putting together an email with some current photos. So watch your inbox for that.
If anyone needs our address to send cards, please email me. We certainly do not expect any of you to go out and buy cards to send to us though. =o) Save the $.
I think that is all for now...........will update soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment